Since its founding, the research institute ASR has conducted an average of 10 contracted studies per year, or has implemented them in collaboration with various partner institutes. In parallel, the ASR has planned, conducted, and evaluated more than 20 investor-initiated trials (IIT) – including projects that have been partially financed by funding provided by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF, including German Central Innovation Programmes for Medium-Sized Businesses, ZIM), by the European Union, the Clockwork Programmes, and the German Research Foundation (DFG).
Studies performed for special indications:
- Primary or secondary insomnia
- Restless legs syndrome
- Central and obstructive sleep-related respiratory disorders
- Hypersomnia of various origins
- Sleep disorders as a consequence of other diseases: e.g., rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes mellitus, obesity, stroke, tinnitus, neuropathic pain, and pain-related insomnia
- Depression and schizophrenia
In addition to medication, the ASR also tests medical aids: e.g., mechanical sleep-onset aids, mattresses, mandibular advancement devices, and respiratory therapy procedures in cases of nocturnal respiratory disorders (without snoring).